Prologis’ 2020 Sustainability Report Highlights Comprehensive European ESG Contribution
More than a decade after the publication of our first Environmental stewardship, Social Responsibility and Governance (ESG) report, Prologis releases its 2020 ESG Sustainability Report. Our organizational commitment to ESG is strengthened by its inherent alignment with the strategic blueprint of the company, the 3Cs: Customer Centricity; Change Through Innovation and Operational Excellence; and Culture & Talent.
Highlights from our 2020 ESG report demonstrate how Prologis continues to leverage our global scale to provide leading solutions in areas like energy efficiency, carbon neutrality, and customer innovation. The key take-aways:
- In 2020, we partnered with our customers to install 40 megawatts globally through our Prologis SolarSmart initiative, part of our Prologis Essentials programme
- Since 2016, LED lightning has been our building standard and working together with our customers we achieved almost 50% LED coverage in 2020.
- 2020 also marked the opening and development of multiple Smart Building projects in Europe, adopting and advancing cutting-edge sustainable technologies, materials, building techniques (like low carbon building materials, borehole thermal energy storage, electric heat pumps) and circular building design. These Smart Buildings have set an altogether new standard for warehousing and logistics.
- With our global goal to achieve carbon-neutral construction by 2025, Prologis is taking a leadership role in addressing one of the largest sources of global carbon emissions: the embodied carbon of buildings. Just south of Paris, our new Moissy 2 logistics facility will be our first carbon-neutral warehouse.
- Across Europe, we partner with the international charity Cool Earth to fund the protection of rainforest lands equivalent to five times the unavoidable embodied carbon emissions associated with constructing our buildings.
- Prologis designs buildings for sustainability as evidenced by the The WELL Building Standard™, solving customer labour challenges
- PARKlife™, a Prologis Europe initiative, offers park facilities and amenities to customers, their employees and local communities. PARKlife™ looks into how our shared spaces and places can become the best environment for everyone who interacts with them.
- Through our Community Workforce Initiative, a unique logistics sector talent development programme, we’re able to unlock economic opportunity for our communities while engaging with our customers to address one of their biggest pain points: labour.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, we supplied personal protective equipment for our partners and implemented COVID-19 protocols to keep our customers’ workforce safe and their businesses running.
- The pandemic challenged us to conduct an immediate evaluation of our benefits and add several new offerings to support the health and well-being of our employees.
- It is important to us to be a part of the communities we live and work in and this motivates us to initiate volunteering projects and philanthropy including IMPACT Day, Space for good, Dock Doors of Giving and many other initiatives across Europe.
- More information about our commitment to good governance can we found here.